Aboa Mare is an international maritime academy and training center, where you can find the largest simulator-based maritime training centre in Northern Europe. The state-of-the-art simulators, which correspond to real command bridges on ships, are used for practical training to educate students and course participants from different parts of the world. We provide Bachelor and Master level education at Novia University of Applied Sciences and secondary education at Axxell vocational institute. We are looking for an
ICT Specialist for Maritime Simulations
- Do you have knowledge of software development and integration with different types of hardware?
- Are you experienced in ICT operations, security work and networks in large organisations?
- Can you coordinate ICT projects with different stakeholders?
- And finally, would you want to be part of the digital evolution in the maritime industry?
If you answered yes to the questions above, you should read further!
As our new ICT specialist, you will work together with our Simulator Manager to develop and maintain the simulators and help our instructors in the use of the simulators’ technical equipment. You will also collaborate with the Research and Development team on realising project activities within simulation and work closely with the ICT service of Novia UAS to safeguard the security of services used at Aboa Mare. With us, you will be part of the transition towards digitalization in ship operation training.
- Procurement, development and maintenance of ICT equipment and software.
- Development and maintenance of AV and navigation equipment.
- Installation, updating and testing of software.
- Contact with system suppliers and main users.
- Simulator support function for users.
- Firewall administration (internal and external).
- Administration of the simulators’ server environment.
- A relevant university degree or documented previous work experience from similar assignments.
- Knowledge of and experience in software development and integration with different types of hardware, for instance controllers and input devices.
- Experience of ICT operations, security work, networks in large organisations.
- Knowledge of Office365 and SIEM.
- Strategic and problem-solving mindset.
- Good oral and written skills in English.
- Highly proactive and enterprising personality.
- Interest in new technologies.
- Experience of project coordination and documentation.
- Good oral and written skills in Swedish and Finnish.
What we offer:
- Great team of professionals within the maritime industry.
- An international work environment.
- Occupational health care.
- Sport and wellness benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements.
We are looking for a fulltime member to join our crew. The position includes a probationary period of six months, and the salary is in accordance with the collective agreement for the private education sector. Permanent employment.
Employment to start on 1 January 2022 or by agreement.
Location: Our modern facilities are located near Turku port.
Applications: Submit your application and CV by 4 pm, Friday 26th of November through Novia’s electronic recruitment system.