We are looking for a Deputy Underwriter to join our Small Craft underwriting team in Helsinki. The small craft team focuses on P&I and marine insurances for the small craft, commercial vessels in domestic trade.
The position offers considerable professional development and on the job training. You will also make renewal preparations and prepare risk evaluations of new clients and when needed, assist other underwriting teams in Gard.
- Responsibility for selected clients in Finland as well as Nordic and Baltic countries where we offer insurance solutions for small craft units/vessels.
- Participation in marketing and sales of our full range of insurance products for shipowners and operators.
- Risk evaluations for new clients.
- Renewal negotiations for existing clients.
Who you are:
- Have relevant experience from the shipping and/or marine insurance industry, ideally from underwriting and the local markets.
- An excellent command of written and spoken Finnish, Swedish and English,
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to perform and contribute to a team-oriented work environment.
- Enjoy working with numbers and risk evaluations.
- Comfortable and eager to learn new tasks and data systems, including some tasks which may not be well defined.
- Not afraid of seeking assistance if uncertain and have strong understanding of the importance of ”getting it right the first time”.
- Comfortable with contacting members, clients and brokers as needed, both on a one to one basis and in groups, as well as actively making use of the internal Gard competence by liaising with colleagues.
- Proactive and self driven.
- Have an interest in learning more about the small craft industry and insurance, involving contract reviews and cover advice.
- Willing to travel when required.
Application Deadline: Dec 6, 2022.